The Burgh Reading Room Social Club will re-open on Friday 5 August. We are taking advantage of the end of most legal restrictions, and also what is left of the summer, which will allow us to sit outside (maybe) or inside with plenty of ventilation. We plan to be open each Friday in August from 7.30pm for drinks only.
Although legal restrictions have been largely lifted, for your safety and ours we ask you to follow the following temporary Club Rules.
Please do not enter the Reading Room if:
1) You have Covid-19 symptoms* 2) You have tested positive in the last 10 days 3) Someone in your household has symptoms, or a positive test result in the last 10 days or 4) you have been asked to self-isolate by Track and Trace or by the NHS App.
* For up-to-date research about common Covid symptoms, see the Zoe Research.
2) Please sanitise your hands on entry, and sign in on the sheet in the vestibule
3) Please wear a face-covering (unless exempt) when entering and at any time when you are standing up
4) Please only drink (and remove your face-covering) when you are sitting down.
5) We have capacity for 20 members at a time, on 5 well-spaced tables. We may increase capacity on pleasant evenings when outside seating can be used.
6) Please do not use more than one seat during your visit.
There are few other things that we and you can do to keep everybody safe. We will be wedging the doors open to ensure very good ventilation (so bring a sweater or jacket if you might be cold). We will also be cleaning tables if they are vacated during the evening. We suggest you use hand sanitiser before entering and when leaving the toilets and after you have handled any cash.
I appreciate that the Social Club is going to be a long way from back to ‘normal’ with the rules above in place. However, we’d love to see you and our top priority is creating a safe environment for everyone
We can’t tell you yet what will be happening in September or later in the year. We are proceeding one step at a time, and the next step may be forwards or backwards.
Richard Roberts, on behalf of the Social Club Committee