Calling all amateur photographers. After the success of our summer photographic competition, it’s time for a winter one.
The subject for the competition is simply Burgh In Winter. The theme is open to individual interpretation but entries must show an aspect of the village or its immediate surroundings.
Image files should be in colour or black and white, in large format setting (200-300 dpi) and between 1MB and 3MB.
The competition is open to Burgh residents only and entries should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Judging will be by the editor of the website.
The competition closes at midnight on Boxing Day (Wednesday 26 December). The winner will be announced shortly afterwards and a presentation to the winner will be made at the End of Year Party in the Reading Room on Friday 28 December. The prize has yet to be decided but most likely will be bottled.
Photographic Competition Rules 2018
- Entries must be taken in Burgh during December 2018.
- Entrants can submit up to four photos in colour or black and white.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
- The competition is open to Burgh residents only.
- Entrants must not be professional photographers (someone who makes more than half their annual income from the sale of their photographs).
- Entries should be submitted by via email to email@example.com and must be marked with name, address, contact telephone number and email and details of when and where the photo was taken.
- Image files should be in large format (200-300 dpi) and between 1MB and 3MB.
- The winning entry will be judged on visual appeal and originality.